SoloRack is a modular synthesizer that mimics the usability and functionality of hardware Eurorack modular systems, without imposing restrictions on the sound. Both analog modeled/emulated or pure digital modules are possible. Even experienced Eurorack users will find something new within almost all modules available while keeping familiarity and similarity to Eurorack intact for ease of use and seamless integration into Eurorack systems.
NONE of the currently available SoloStuff modules are emulations of other hardware manufacturers modules. Please DO NOT assume that these are emulations.
Main Features include:
- Practically no limit to the number of modules and rack rows that can be added.
- The System B currently comes with 37 modules (plus the two input/output free modules). Including 3 Oscillator modules, 3 filters, 2 Amplifiers, 2 Mixers, 1 panner, 1 ADSR, 1 VCLFO, 1 Random-Sample and Hold, 1 Noise module, 1 Delay module, 1 Chorus module, 2 Ring Modulators, 1 CV sequencer, 1 Trigger sequencer and many more utilities like Input/Ouput modules, MIDI to CV, tempo from DAW, clock divider, logic Tool, switch and CV tools.
- Can work as an effect with multiple inputs and outputs.
- Both 14bit and 7bit MIDI is supported concurrently and automatically without preconfiguration!!
- Polyphony is possible using manual patching as it is done in hardware. Or through the sequencer modules.
- Multichannel MIDI support. Can be used to achieve multi-timbral voices.
- MIDI patch points and MIDI cables routing between modules all working at audio rate!!
- Support for Bi-directional patch points that can work as both inputs or outputs at the same time. As in some Eurorack modules, like switches for example.
- Offers a ridiculous amount of oversampling (up to X256). This is NOT a zero stuffing or interpolation method. This is an actual increase of the internal sampling rate inside the synth. Which means that it can process ultra sonic audio. I provide such features for people who are particular about quality, Not that any current CPU can handle it!!.
- Audio rate modulation of any CV input. The system even allows ultra sonic modulation when oversampling.
- Minimum internal sample block size (1 sample), this gives minimum possible delay between modules.
- Engineered from ground up to be CPU efficient. With optimization done at each level or development, not just at the end.
- Connectivity to modular hardware is supported (including but not limited to Eurorack). With 10 Audio/CV inputs, 12 Audio/CV outputs. (Note: For low frequency CV you will need an interface that has DC coupled inputs/outputs. Or use dedicated modules like the Expert Sleepers(TM) ES-6 and ES-3.
- Currently 220 presets are available (PLUS extra variations).
- More modules are expected to be added. Some of them may be included as part of the System B, others will be sold separately.
More information about the modules can be found in shop page.
Known bugs and issues
- In Bitwig, The Reset function of the SA03 (MIDI to CV) module does NOT go to high voltage when you press STOP in Bitwig. This is because bitwig seemingly doesn’t behave like other DAWs in the sense that it will not TELL the plugin when it goes to zero position.
- As of now, the beta version saves all configuration/activation in a file called config.ini which is in the same folder where you put SoloRack dll files. Your user account needs to have permission to SAVE to this folder. Make sure you login or run your DAW as an Administrator, or give your account permission on that folder, other wise the beta WILL NOT work or activate properly. It will not even save presets in the presets folder (which is located in the same place).
- Current PC running Windows XP or above.
- At least 1GB of RAM
- 32bit or 64bit VST compatible host (DAW).